Assistance may be available to companies who are locating or expanding in Alabama through grants, loans, and other programs available through federal, state, and local government sources. Additionally, Talladega County may be able to provide additional assistance. For more information about assistance programs available in Talladega County, contact the staff of the Talladega County Economic Development Authority at 256-245-8332.
Industrial Revenue Bonds (IRBs)
- Administered by local economic development organizations
- Available for qualifying new and expanding companies
- Can be used for land, building, and equipment purchases
- Have lower interest rates and offer tax benefits
Revolving Loan Funds
- Regional program
- Provides gap financing for qualifying new and expanding industries that are creating new permanent jobs
- Can be used for land, building, and equipment purchases, as well as working capital
The Small Business Administration's HUBZone Program has contracting assistance available.Assistance includes:
- Competitive and sole-source contracting
- 10% price evaluation preference in full and open-contract competitions
- Sub-contracting opportunities
Certified Capital Company Program (CAPCO)
- Open to qualifying businesses that are headquartered in Alabama or are moving their headquarters to the state
- Administered by the Alabama Department of Commerce and provides alternative funding to conventional bank financing
More information about this program can be found on the Alabama Department of Commerce website.
USDA Rural Development
The USDA provides business assistance programs, including grants and loans for those companies looking to develop in rural areas. More information about these programs, including grant and loan information, can be found on the USDA Rural Development – Alabama website.
Site and Infrastructure Assistance
Local municipalities are willing and able to apply for site preparation and infrastructure grants to assist new and expanding companies in Alabama.Industrial Development Grant Program (Site Preparation)
- Used for land and labor surveys, site preparation, and road construction projects
- Based on amount of capital investment
- Used to improve infrastructure on a site
- Used to create industrial access to a site
- Includes construction of roads and bridges
Workforce AssistanceAIDT (Workforce Recruitment and Training)
AIDT is among the top workforce training programs in the US and provides state of the art training and support services for new and expanding businesses. AIDT is ISO 9001:2008 certified and provides training staff, mobile training units, in-house design and production facilities, recruitment assistance, customized pre-employment training, and production of training materials and videos for employee development at no cost to business and industry.Alabama Technology Network (ATN)
Regional centers provide a range of services customized to the needs of local small manufacturers helping them be more globally competitive.Alabama Career Centers
Assistance is available to support employers with employee recruitment and prescreening.